Thursday, June 30, 2016

golden gun

3/4 oz Lime Juice
1/2 oz Grapefruit Juice
1/2 oz Demerara Syrup
1/2 oz Apricot Liqueur (Rothman & Winter)
1 oz Blended Aged Rum (Diplomatico Exclusiva)
1 oz Blended Lightly Aged Rum (El Dorado 3 Year)
2 dash Angostura Bitters

Shake with ice, strain into a Collins glass, and fill with crushed ice. Garnish at will.

Two Thursdays ago, I was in a Tiki mood after my work shift so I took a gander at the Smuggler's Cove drink book and spotted the Golden Gun. I was drawn into the recipe by the apricot liqueur aspect for it has worked rather well in tropical recipes like Blackbeard's Ghost. This drink was crafted at the Tiki Oasis event in 2012 as table 11's entry in the create-a-cocktail competition.
My choice of mint as the garnish paid dividends on the aromatic end. Next, lime, grapefruit, and the richness from the demerara syrup and aged rum on the sip pleasantly stepped aside for rum, apricot, and spice flavors on the swallow.

No comments: