Thursday, June 2, 2016

crossroads highball

1 1/2 oz Pierre Ferrand 1840 Cognac
1/4 oz Smith & Cross Rum
1/2 oz Yellow Chartreuse
1/4 oz Honey Syrup
1/2 oz Lemon Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a Collins glass with 3 oz sparkling wine. Add ice and a straw, and garnish with a lemon twist and 2 dashes of floated Angostura Bitters.
A few Wednesdays ago, I heard that Luc Thiers was back in town and bartending at Backbar, so I made my way over on my day off. For a start, I requested a previous drink of the day called the Crossroads Highball that was bartender Carlo Caroscio's riff on the Champs-Élysées. The Crossroads Highball began with a clove, lemon, and sparkling wine aroma. Next, the carbonated sip paired lemon and honey flavors, and the swallow started with Cognac and ended with herbal and rum funk notes. Finally, as the bitters began to enter the equation, things dried out and became more spiced.

No comments: