Tuesday, June 7, 2016

[banana cup no. 1]

1 1/2 oz Pimm's No. 1
1/2 oz Giffard Banane du Bresil
1/2 oz Cynar
1 oz Lemon Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a rocks glass with 2 oz Barritt's Ginger Beer. Fill with ice, add straws, and garnish with a mint sprig.

Since I finally had a Tuesday off two weeks ago, I was able to visit Sahil Mehta at Estragon. For a start, I opted for the drink of the day for I was curious to see how banana and Cynar interacted and to determine if it was as magical as the combination with Campari in the Banana Boulevardier or Ramazzotti in the Bela Vista. Needing a name, I took the Pimm's ingredient as a cue and dubbed this one the Banana Cup No. 1.
The Banana Cup No. 1 began with a mint aroma that led into a lemon and fruity sip. Next, the swallow proved that the Cynar-banana combination was indeed delicious as it offered banana, bitter, and ginger notes.

No comments: