Wednesday, February 3, 2016

remembrance

2/3 Gin (2 oz Bluecoat)
2 dash Orgeat (1/2 oz)
2 dash Dry Vermouth (1/2 oz Noilly Prat)
1 dash Absinthe (1/8 oz Obsello)
1 dash Orange Bitters (Angostura Orange)

Stir with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. I added an orange twist.
Two Thursdays ago, my desires for a post-shift nightcap led me to Pioneers of Mixing at Elite Bars: 1903-1933. In the book's gin section, I spotted the Remembrance which reminded me of a gin Japanese Cocktail of sorts, and I decided to give it a go. Once mixed, it offered an orange, nutty, and herbal aroma. Next, the sip was rich and balanced with clean wine notes, and the swallow was a complex combination of gin botanical, nutty orgeat, herbal vermouth and absinthe, and orange bitters. Interestingly, the photo I took on my phone (most blog photos are from a camera except from the ones I take at work) and put on Instagram was one of the most popular ones that I have posted.

No comments: