Tuesday, August 14, 2012

sin agua

1 1/2 Milagro Silver Tequila
1 oz La Gitana Manzanilla Sherry
1/2 oz Velvet Falernum

Stir without ice and pour into a rocks glass rinsed with 3 flamed spritzes of Angostura Bitters. Note: this is a room temperature cocktail.

After Tyler Wang at No. 9 Park made me the Triumph of Pompei during my birthday bar crawl, I said that I was in a hurry to leave since I had to meet up with Andrea for dinner. Tyler, however, declared that he was making me a Tequila Scaffa that he had been working on. With memories of how good Scott Holliday's Tequila Scaffa was, I decided to risk being late. In an update, the drink appeared on their menu around April or May of 2013 as the "Sin Agua" although I am not sure if it has undergone any changes.
The Scaffa had a glorious caramelized aroma from the flamed Angostura Bitters spritzes. The sip was a clean grape that later gained caramel notes from the sides of the glass, and the swallow was a combination of the tequila and the falernum's lime-clove flavors. It was definitely a drink worth risking being late, but fortunately, the subways were in my favor and I got to my destination on time.

No comments: