Sunday, June 8, 2008

cocktail miranda

2oz rye whiskey (Old Overholt)
1/2oz apricot liqueur
1/2oz Averna amaro

Served without garnish, mixed by Misty @Green Street.

Husband and I found ourselves in Green Street's general vicinity (MIT building 36, it's right down the street! Okay, just shy of a mile away. Still! Super-walkable!), so obviously we had to stop by for a quick drink before heading home. I wanted to try something new, Misty had just re-worked the drink menu, so I went for one of these. It was a lovely rye drink, somewhat sweet and perfectly pleasant.

I believe this must be one of Misty's creations, as a web search only turned up Sex In The City references and although I am not too familiar with the show (I know, I know) I'd wager that Miranda would not be into this drink -- would she?

2 comments:

Rishi said...

I dunno, if Miranda was a real person (or if the writers didn't get lazy and fully fleshed out her character) I think that this would be a drink she'd enjoy.

frederic said...

We went to Green Street last night, and Misty reported the ratio as 2:1/2:1/2.